Monday, October 22, 2012

"The Hummingbird" Printmaking Project

1. The overall composition of my art, to me, is well balanced, because you can tell what everything is. I think I used good colors and they give the bird good movement. Overall, I think this was one of my best art projects.

2. There is good texture in my print, I used texture throughout the feathers and speckles in my bird and the flowers in the background. There is detail in the bird that gives the print alot of texture.

3. I used alot of negative space in the background because I didnt cut out the background, and the bird has mostly positive space because I cut things out to show detail.

4. There is good craftmanship in this art and there arent any stray lines, and the lines in the bottom feathers are good lines because they show texture in the feathers.

5. yes, there is depth because the bird is the foreground, the middle ground are the flowers, and the background are the twigs. This shows that the bird is flying around flowers and getting nectar.

6. One obstacle I had while doing the printmaking project, was understanding what to cut and what not to cut, and imagining what it would look like if you cut or didnt cut some parts, because once you cut something, you cant get it back.

1 comment:

  1. You're picture is really good!!!! I love the hummingbird; it is so pretty! You really had a contrast between the colors which makes the bird really pop! :)

    ReplyDelete