Friday, December 7, 2012

Battleship Game Board Perspective Drawing

Vocabulary to use: , gradation, , , overlapping, , value, highlights, shadows
 
Describe your overall thoughts on the final piece.  
How successful do you feel this piece is and why? 
What worked about this project? What didn’t work? 
If you were to do this project over again, what changes would you consider making? 
What was the most difficult part about completing this piece and why?
What did you learn from this piece?

1. My overall thought is that I liked this project, but it wasnt my favorite, because perspective isnt my favorite art type.  
2. I think this project was successful because using watercolor washes and blending it with colored pencils made the colors more vibrant.
3. What worked was the perspective of the drawing, I think I vanishing point and horizon line were good because it was at the right angle. What didnt work was that I Did the watercolor a little to dark and I should have been neater with the watercolor.
4. If i were to redo the project, I would change the color scheme and use less blue, and put more value in the ship pieces.
5. The most difficult part for me was giving the game highlights, shadows, and overlapping some pieces to make it look like its really sitting on the table.
6. I learned more about value and gradation in this project and making drawings come to life and look real.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Justine,

    I love the colours in this piece of artwork ❤️

    I hope you don't mind me using it in a non-commercial blog post for my learning log here https://learninglog.svbtle.com/battleship

    I made sure to credit you and linked back to this page. Not sure how else to contact you. If you'd like me to take it down or change the attribution just let me know hello@joshpitzalis.com

    Take care

    Josh

    ReplyDelete